If you are considering hypnotherapy as a career, so you can help people heal while making a good living, you may want to know more about how to get certified in the field of hypnosis.
To help you find out which hypnotherapy training programs would be the best option for you, we have compiled a list of the top 4 hypnotherapy schools that you can enroll in right now.
Each of these schools offers different kinds of hypnotherapy training programs, so you can choose the one that works best for you. Find out which course fits your needs better, so you can confidently apply and start learning right away.
What Are The Benefits Of Hypnotherapy As A Career?
Hypnotherapy is a prevalent therapeutic practice that uses hypnosis to get clients in a state of increased suggestibility, helping them overcome a problem or medical issue.
Some of the main issues that can be resolved using hypnotherapy include:
- Anxiety and stress
- Sleep disorders
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
- Kicking bad habits, such as smoking or drinking
- Weight loss and more
While it is commonly used in the treatment of trauma and mental or behavioral disorders, there are many other instances hypnotherapy can be applied to.
A professional hypnotherapist is able to help their clients identify the root cause of their issues that lie in the subconscious mind and resolve them. When the root cause is addressed, the symptoms will fade away. Clients can experience the benefits of hypnotherapy even after just one session.
Some of the main benefits of choosing hypnotherapy as a career include:
- You are your own boss and can choose your own hours, where you work and how much you charge.
- You have a rewarding and fulfilling career helping people and making a difference to the lives of others.
- You can start helping people as a hypnotherapist as soon as you qualify, you don’t need prior experience or years of studying, just the right teacher, techniques and a passion to help others.
These are some of the main reasons that make this practice so accessible and intriguing to many. We will review what some of the best hypnotherapy training schools have to offer, to help you make the right decision for your future.
How Do I Become A Certified Hypnotherapist? Hypnotherapy Certification Vs. Licensing
While the career requirements vary from school to school, there are a few necessary steps you’ll have to take to get a hypnotherapy certification.
First off, you will need to find out which hypnotherapy training course is best for you. This may depend on the school’s requirements, what they offer, how long their studies last and so on.
Depending on your schedule, you can decide to enroll in an intensive fast track course, or go with a slower paced program that you can do alongside other commitments.
Next, you’ll need to determine whether your shortlisted schools are compatible with your schedule, budget, and most importantly your needs. While this might seem like the hardest part of the process, we are here to guide you and help you pick the school that is right for you.
Once you decide which school to enroll in, you will go through hypnotherapy training, complete your coursework and supervised practice to receive certification.
When you have completed your program and received your certificate, you can start working with clients and may choose to get licensed by a professional board of hypnotherapists.
Professional bodies include:
- The National Hypnotherapy Society, the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH), and the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC), through the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) in the UK.
- The American College of Hypnotherapy (ACH), the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners (A.C.H.E.), the American Association of Professional Hypnotherapists (AAPH), the National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists (NBCCH) in the US.
How long does it take to become a hypnotherapist?
While you are probably eager to find out how long it takes to become a certified hypnotherapist, the truth is there is no one definite answer to this question. Depending on the school you choose, you may either study from a couple of months up to a couple of years.
This depends mainly on the type of classes you will take and the amount of time you have to set aside for learning hypnosis and hypnotherapy.
However, since there are many different online and in-person training courses to choose from, you should be able to find a school that suits your timeline and budget.
If you have a very demanding day job, that you’re not ready to let go of yet, then you may choose to start with online learning, which you can do in your own time. However, you may prefer to book time out to do practical intensive training, to accelerate your learning and qualifications.
In the end, the choice is yours. What is important is that you focus on your goal, what you want to achieve and why and then elect the best option for that purpose.
What Is The Best Hypnotherapy Training?
We all lead different lives and have very different schedules and budgets. Thankfully, there are various hypnotherapy courses available, so you can easily find the one that’s right for you.
To find out which type of training works best for you, you can consider the following factors:
1. Traditional vs. modern hypnotherapy courses
Traditionally conventional clinical hypnotherapy training was the only way to achieve your qualifications. However, nowadays, there are many other ways to get your hypnosis certification. They offer everyone the chance to get certified in hypnotherapy without having to go to university and study for years in order to learn the required skills to work as a hypnotherapist.
The main differences between traditional hypnotherapy schools and revolutionary new courses such as Rapid Transformation Therapy™ (RTT™) is that conventional schools require years of studies before you become certified. However, courses such as RTT offer you the chance to learn the necessary skills in the shortest amount of time, so you can receive your hypnosis certificate and start practicing hypnotherapy sooner.
2. In-person live vs. online hypnotherapy training
Depending on the amount of time you have available, and also your location, you may decide to go with either in-person or online training. Both have their pros and cons.
In-person classes are more active and hands-on with live feedback and assessment. They also offer the chance for a student to connect more to their teacher and be able to work in a group with other students as well.
Online training provides a good place to start for busy people, since it typically includes hand-picked training videos as well as live online training sessions. You will not only be getting the best material that you need to master hypnosis and hypnotherapy, you will also be able to re-watch them anytime in the future.
Online training gives you the freedom to pick your study hours and organize your time better, while live training provides accountability, community and an instant support network.
Therefore you will need to consider your available time, budget, and your preferred method of studying. Once you decide on the type of studies you’d like to enroll in, it’s time to take a look at what’s out there and decide which school is best suited for your needs.
Let’s take a look at some of the best online and live hypnotherapy schools so you can make an informed decision about your future and start learning right away.
Let’s start things off with one of the largest health and mental care organizations that incorporates hypnosis techniques in their practice.
They offer classes on hypnotherapy, training workshops, networking with other professionals in the field, and hypnosis certification.
You also have the option to further your studies and become an ASCH approved consultant in clinical hypnosis. This will give you the ability to offer training and counsel other professionals who wish to get trained in the field.
The ASCH offers courses at various locations in the US, as well as online.
To obtain certification, you must go through 60 hours of ASCH approved courses and training and have at least two years of practice in the field of hypnotherapy.
- They are an accredited institution in the field of hypnotherapy
- They offer both in-person as well as online classes
- You have the option of becoming a certified consultant and teach others
- You’ll need to renew your certification every three years and take on additional 20 hours of their courses each time
- To qualify for the course, you must have at least a Master’s Degree in your chosen health field, such as psychology, therapy, traditional medicine, counseling or social work.
The Hypnotherapy Training Institute has a unique take on the certification program. It offers busy professionals the chance to get certified in hypnotherapy, by providing short course periods to suit everyone’s schedule.
The course is led by Randal Churchill and Cheryl Canfield, who have taught thousands of therapists over the decades.
Their course provides a lot of material over a short course of time. Each of their programs consists of four levels with five days of class each. This means you will have to spend four weeks in total to receive a certification. They hold three classes a week and offer weekend classes as well.
The Hypnotherapy Training Institute courses are approved by the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners. The A.C.H.E. requires 200 hours of classes to get certified and the school also offers an additional 100 hours for those who wish to uplevel their skills and knowledge further.
- Flexible schedules
- Short course periods
- Classes are available in the US
- Month-long classes available for people who live outside the States with classes held in the San Francisco Bay area
- Eligibility for Certification by the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners
- Applicants don’t need to have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a chosen health-related field
- Not accredited
- Each level costs $1050 and offers 50 class hours
- Only live courses are available
The Hypnosis Motivation Institute (HMI) is a nationally accredited institute of hypnotherapy offering hypnotherapy training programs to the Southern California area via in-person classes and to the entire world via an interactive online video training program.
The live training course includes a one-year training program plus an on-campus clinical internship program. They hold classes two days a week plus supervised practice. Their internship program allows students to start practicing hypnotherapy while they’re still learning. The program gives students an office, receptionist, pro-bono clients, and clinical supervision.
Their online course offers 300-course hours for students who live more than 50 miles from HMI’s campus. Anyone across the globe can attend the classes which are specifically designed for people who wish to get certified but are unable to enroll in live courses.
- Students can start with no money down and no payments for 18 months
- Tuition fees can be paid in monthly installments of $97
- Flexible schedule
- 10 hours of free online training plus online quizzes and exams
- Applicants don’t need to have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a chosen health-related field
- The approximate price is $15700 for the in-person training
- Requires a lot of commitment with reports of ‘an overwhelming amount of material’ and fast-paced classes
4. Rapid Transformation Therapy ™ (RTT™)
If you want to learn all the strategies and techniques that make you a professional hypnotherapist without breaking the bank, Marisa Peer’s Rapid Transformational Therapy training might be for you.
Marisa Peer is known as the best British Therapist internationally renowned. Her RTT method is best known for providing much faster results than traditional therapy. It offers you the chance to become a world-class hypnotherapist, even if you have no prior background, education, or experience in therapy.
This course is suitable for people who are already working in the field, as well as those with no prior experience or knowledge in hypnotherapy. This differs from many other courses, which have pre-requirements, such as having a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a health-related field, and are therefore not suitable for many to enroll in.
Marisa Peer’s course has both practical and theoretical classes. You get 300 hours of training which will not only teach you how to use hypnosis to treat clients with a wide range of emotional and physical issues, but will also give you the tools to build your own business as a hypnotherapist.
The course offers both in-person and online training, suitable for everyone’s needs.
- There are no limitations or pre-qualifications
- Marisa uses her own developed technique that brings rapid results (a unique method that you can’t learn anywhere else)
- Rapid Transformational Therapy™ combines hypnotherapy with other leading techniques, including Psychotherapy, NLP, CBT and Neuroscience.
- The training includes sessions on how to build your business once you master the art of hypnosis
- The course is available online and in-person
- Very affordable
- Rapid Transformational Therapy™ (RTT™) is endorsed by the General Hypnotherapy Register, the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council, the National and International Council of Psychotherapists, the American Board of Hypnotherapy, the International Association of Complementary Therapists, plus the International Institute of Complementary Therapies.
- Live trainings with the Founder Marisa Peer herself fill up fast as spaces are limited. However new dates and locations regularly get added due to popular demand and Marisa runs live trainings around the world, with schools in America, Canada, Australia and the UK. There is also the option to do online training, with mentoring and Practice Intensifs, so you can choose the best option for you.
Sign up for Marisa Peer’s free training and learn how you can become a world-class therapist now.
In Summary, these are the top 4 hypnotherapy training schools that you can enroll in right now. Each of them is different and offers an array of educational opportunities in the field. Choosing the right one will depend mainly on what you hope to achieve with the program and what you plan to do in the field of hypnotherapy.
So are you ready to start your training and become a certified hypnotherapist?